Once again, life has gotten in the way of keeping up with this little blog of mine:
- We’re getting ready to move 800 miles away from our current location…
- I’m working my rear end off transcribing so that we actually have the funds to move…
- Summer is here, school is out. Enough said, right?
- Bio Mom has found my blog, which is fine, but as you can imagine it’s causing a few issues. In part, I want to make sure I respect her privacy and feelings as much as I can when writing anything about the kids, but mostly, I’m struggling to process my feelings regarding being told that because the kids have lived with us for three years they should be “better” and that anything going on now is directly our fault. Also, trying not to scream when told we should allow exceptions in the court ordered visitation arrangements Husband and Bio Mom agreed to during their divorce proceedings. ::bangs head into wall::
- I’ve upgraded my Canva subscription to make super awesome images for ATN’s Educating Traumatized Children Summit… Which means I’ve started looking back at the trauma awareness project for ways that I can spruce up the images and quote and get another video out!
When things settle down a bit (heh…….), I’ll get back to writing on here. Some things you can look forward to are a re-do and reduction of the banner ads (I’m going to remove anything that’s not specifically related to trauma parenting) and a resumption of the newsletters (thanks to those of you who have subscribed, and I apologize for only sending one as of today’s date… My intentions were to send a letter out monthly, but you know… Things get nuts and as much as I love helping others learn about therapeutic parenting, I’ve got to make sure I’m holding our household together here on my end!)
Anywho. I hope the beginning of your summer has been as steady and enjoyable as possible. <3